Community Code of Conduct
1. The Dear Creators Community is designed for individuals 16 years of age or older.
2. As a participant of these forums you agree that you will uphold this Code of Conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
3.In addition to upholding this Code of Conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
4. This is your community. Help us to keep it safe, friendly, fun and helpful.
1. Be polite and respectful in your posts, and in your replies to other people.
2. Keep it clean. No profanity, obscenity, insulting or bigoted comments please.
3. Search to see if a question you'd like answered has already been posted by somebody else. Posting the same question repeatedly and starting multiple threads on the same subject can be confusing.
4. Report any kind of abuse you find in the community. You will find "Report abuse" links in every post and in every profile.
1. Incite other users to threaten, stalk, insult, victimize, or intimidate another person or group of people.
2. Harass, insult, tease, or correct other users about the grammar used in their posts. Good or bad grammar isn't the point-the community.
3. Post content depicting full nudity including photographic human nudity, or nudity in cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
4. Link to websites that require payment to access information.
5. Post links to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
Things that will get you immediately banned from our community:
1. Threatening, stalking, insulting, victimizing or intimidating anyone (or group of people) for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
2. Posting content that is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way, including collecting the personally identifiable information (PII) of any minor (anyone under18 years old), including, but not limited to: name, email address, home address, phone number, or the name of the minor's school.
3. Invading anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without that person's knowledge and willing consent.
4. Posting content or links to content that is illegal or violates any applicable local or national laws.
5. Posting or spreading viruses, worms, malware, or other software intended to harm another user's computer.
6. Impersonating a Dear Creators employee, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user, MVP, or any other person through any means.
7. Promoting or otherwise facilitating the purchase and sale of ammunition or firearms.
8. Posting 'spam,' 'pyramid schemes,' 'affiliate marketing,' or unsolicited commercial advertisements of any kind, including advertising for money making schemes, discount cards, credit counseling, online surveys or online contests.
9. Attempting to manipulate the forums by violating any of the provisions of this Code of Conduct or using multiple profiles.
10. Using any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings for an individual.
Community User Cautions:
1. Please be careful with your personal information. If you post your email address in a post, it may be used for any purpose by the general public, as this is a public community.
2. Don't post information that could be used by others to steal your identity, like your street address, your phone number, your social security number, or your credit card number.
Termination and Cancellation:
1. Dear Creators reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Dear Creators reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to permanently ban participants or terminate access to the community.
Rights and Responsibilities
1. We encourage you to not share information that others could use to harm you. We encourage parents to be aware of and help exercise control over content posted by and activities of their children to keep them safe online.
2. Dear Creators is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
3. You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware or viruses that may be encountered. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
4.You may report violations of this Code of Conduct.
5. Dear Creators reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
6. Some information you provide or upload to the service may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
8. You acknowledge that you are a volunteer participant in the Dear Creators Community and that you may discontinue your participation at any time.
9. You are solely responsible for your dealings with any third party that relates to your use of the community, or any information or materials you obtain from a third party.
10. No Compensation. Microsoft shall not be obligated to provide, and you have no expectation of receiving, any compensation in any form for your voluntary participation in the community, or for your submissions or contributions.